Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Final note from Colette



I can't believe its almost time to go home on Saturday. This had been such a tremendous visit!



You can see from Bills Blog that we enjoyed Torquay and gained a lot from the district conference!


My hosts Lionel and Mary, stopped by Stratford-upon-Avon on the way home and gave me the Shakespear tour.


We also stopped to see the 14th Century Warick Castle.

But its not only historic sight-seeing. I'm also learning a lot from my vocational visits with more conservation organizations. Today I spent time with RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds), a sister organization to the Audubon Society, to learn about restoration of heathlands from non-native woodlands. A highlight was observing a pair of green woodpeckers foraging on the ground (a-typical of the woodpeckers from the US).

1 comment:

Emily Miller said...

Wow! You were all so incredibly busy. It looks like some wonderful teaching and learning took place on your adventure and it is not quite over yet.
Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.
We'll be awaiting a call, for even more details, when you get back home.