Friday, September 19, 2008

Hello from Market Deepings

And so the traveling about England's East Midlands continues. After several days in Leicester, which I think we all enjoyed very much, we're now once again close to Peterborough, in an area of towns known as the Deepings, the largest of which is Market Deepings.

After a delightful lunch at a pub in Empingham earlier today, we parted ways with our respective host families. I'm staying with a family just outside the Deepings in Northborough. We each had a vocational afternoon today, which I know we were excited about. I spent some time at Peterborough's Evening Telegraph. It was particularly interesting because its a paper very close in size to my own, and through speaking with the folks there, I realize we're dealing with virtually the same set of issues.

Tonight we're having a welcome dinner with past District Governor Tony Martin and his wife Mary. Mmm, more food!!

No comments: