Saturday, September 27, 2008

A note from Colette






I've had some great vocational experiences, I had to share...

At rutland water preserve learning how livestock are used to manage grasslands.












Wetland habitat for wading birds and osprey.







Joe and I had the opportunity to visit Hill Holt Wood which is a 34 acre woodland used to help educate troubled boys. Nigel and his wife Karen have created not only a center for education but also a sustainable system for them to live, contribute to society, and remain financially stable. It was very inspiring.






It was complete with compostable toilets and woodworking shops to create items from the wood grown on site.









I've also been able to enjoy some English style horseback riding while I've been here. Thanks so much to Anita (and Mary) and Stephen for making it happen!!



No comments: