Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We're almost there!



September 2



I hosted our final meeting in Charleston August 31st to finish preparations for our trip to England, less than 2 weeks away! The whole team had a sense of anticipation as we got down to business to refine our presentations and cover logistics of the impending trip. We were delighted to have Pat Campbell with us from the East Cooper Breakfast Club who gave us all the details about the "Gift of Life" program he helps organize for District 7770. Thanks also to East Cooper Breakfast Club for sponsoring our lunch!




Bill passed around our new jackets we'll be bringing to England, and we couldn't resist trying them on.





I think I can speak for everyone when I say how excited we are to be nearing our departure day. A huge thanks to all of our sponsoring clubs, behind the scenes organizers both in SC and England, and our alternates who have supported us.
Next stop....ENGLAND!

2 comments:

mjp said...

Bill

By way of introduction, I was D1150's Team Leader to D7770 two years ago.

Best wishes to you & your team for a safe journey & very enjoyable exchange with my English colleagues in Rotary.

I really hope the weather improves in time for your visit - it can't keep on raining forever!!!!!!

Please give Penny S. a big hug & kiss from me.

Mike Parry
D1150 / DRFCC

Anonymous said...

testing this to see if I can post